Which new boiler is best for you and your home?
The amount of choice you have when it comes to choosing a new boiler is vast, and their improvements in efficiency are something to be marvelled. However, the broad range of new models can make selecting one a slow and difficult task. If it’s been a while since you last chose a boiler, you might be stunned at the advancements made over the years.
So we’ve made a simple guide to help speed up your decision and make sure you’re choosing the best option for you.
Combination boilers are the most popular choice in the UK, making up around 45% of all installed boilers. They are perfect for those living in smaller homes without a lot of room to spare. This is as long as you don’t need to use many different hot water outlets at one time. They are affordable, energy efficient, and will likely save you money on your bills.
– Compact sizes make them suitable for small properties
– Perfect for properties with little or no loft space
– Many energy efficient models to choose from
– Cost-effective – purchase and installation combined can be as low as £650
– Hot water delivered at mains pressure
These are fast and easy to install. System boilers need a hot water cylinder to store hot water. They take up more space than a combi boiler but are better at effectively providing hot water to multiple outlets at the same time. This type is perfect for those who are space conscious but use a lot of hot water at once.
– Compatible with solar water heating systems which have environmental benefits and can lower energy bills
– A constant supply of hot water to any number of taps used at the same time
Also known as traditional boilers, these are suited to homes with traditional heating and hot water systems which are linked to a separate hot water cylinder. They require hot water, cold water, and a tank that maintains the water level of the central heating system.
They need a loft and may not be as economical as the other models. But they are compatible with solar water heating systems for those who are environmentally conscious. Regular boilers will likely only be the best option for boiler replacements where there is an older radiator system which might not be suited to higher water pressures that combi and system boilers provide.
– Can provide high volumes of hot water to multiple taps at one time
– Excellent for homes with more than two bathrooms
– A good option for homes with low water pressure
– Solar water heating system compatible
Once you have decided what type of boiler is best for you, the rest is simple. Take a look at your budget to see what kind you can afford. Make sure you purchase one from a reputable brand with great reviews and an excellent guarantee. Then find a registered installer for your new boiler to have it up and running as soon as possible.
GOS Heating don’t just install your boiler, we also service them, offer affordable service cover, provide invaluable advice, and fix them for you if anything goes wrong. To get started, give us a call today on 01772 734 966.